CEO and Managing Director of Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaun
Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaun.
- Diplomat, American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery U.S.A. 1979
- Diplomat, American Board of Surgery U.S.A 1977
- B.B.S. K.G. Medical College Lucknow, 1968 U.P., India
- Naresh Trehan, the CEO and Managing Director of Medanta – the Medicity, is one of the leading cardiologists of the country.
- He has served as personal surgeon to the President of India since 1991.
- With over 50,000 cardiac surgeries and innumerable contributions in the field of cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery
- After completion of education, he privately practiced at N.Y.U. Medical Center.
- In 1988, set up Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre in India
- He started practicing heart surgery at New York University under the guidance of Dr. Frank Spencer
- Ranked one of the top-notch cardiologists in India
- He is the founder of Medanta – a multi-super specialty institute
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Award in the services category for yeoman services to the healthcare industry
- Padmashri Award by President of India in recognition of distinguished service in the field of Surgery in 1991
- Doctor of Science Honoris Causa at the “18th Convocation of the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi” in March 1996, for recognition of his attainment and position of eminence and contributions made by him for the country and the people of India
- Padma Bhushan Award by President of India in recognition of distinguished service in the field of Medicine in 2001
- B. C. Roy Award from the Medical Council of India in 2002
- Honorary Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, Australia in 2002
- Doctor of Science Honoris Causa is conferred on the occasion of the convocation of the Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur, 4 March 2004
- Doctor of Science, being conferred by King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, on 22 January 2007
Authorized Member of:
- Council Member of Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia
- Member, Key Advisory Group, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India
- Vice Chairman, Services Export Promotion Council, Govt. of India.
- Member, Institute Body of Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow from 1996-2001.
- Member of Society of Thoracic Surgeons of U.S.A. Member of the Scientific Council of the American College of Angiology, U.S.A
- President of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (ISMICS), Minneapolis, USA
- Fellow International Medical Sciences Academy. Member of Board of Directors of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Minneapolis, USA
- Fellow Royal Society of Medicine, London. Fellow American College of Surgeons, USA
- Appointed as member of the Editorial Board of the Journal “Heart Surgery Forum”, Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Member, Task Force on Skill Development, XIth Five Year Plan, Planning Commission, Govt. of India
- Member of The European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery. Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industries – Healthcare Industry Committee. President, Indian Health Care Federation
- Member, Governing Council of Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore, India
- Member, Governing Council TIFAC (Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council), New Delhi.