Problems with ears, nose & throat including voice box, sinuses & other structures in head & neck require treatment by ENT specialists who are also known as Otolaryngologists. Almost 50% of infants are born with hearing impairment without any identifiable risk factors. ENT experts specialize in both surgical & medical management of numerous diseases & disorders associated with head & neck areas. They are well trained to manage trauma, tumors & deformities & can also perform cosmetic surgeries in these fields. They are even conversant in managing problems with nerves in head & neck controlling sight, smell, hearing & facial movements.
Otorhinolaryngology purely deals with study & curing of ear, nose & throat diseases in both adults & infants. Ear infection, dizziness, tinnitus, hay fever, seasonal rhinitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, Injuries, acquired abnormalities like cleft palate, cleft lip, deviated septum, drooping eyelids, loss of smell, difficulty in swallowing, hoarseness, laryngitis, benign & malignant growths, mouth, larynx, upper esophagus, thyroid gland, nasal polyps, head & neck cancers, throat, Bell’s palsy, sleep apnea, snoring & much more are treated by Otolaryngologists. Some procedures are outpatient & some may, however, require few days of hospital stay.
Most surgeries for throat are complex procedures. Affordable medical facilities in India include treatments for laryngectomy, tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy. Ear surgeries are equally complex & require expert medical consultation. Surgeries of nose, apart from cosmetic surgeries, are largely done as treatment for sinuses. Neck & head surgeries are largely conducted to remove tumors, or to reconstruct damaged areas after injury or trauma. ENT treatments in India are flawless & they provide ENT treatment & surgeries for sinusitis, head or neck tumors, ear surgery, birth defects, hearing defects, micro laryngeal surgery, thermoplastic, septuplets, stentorian, endoscopic sinus surgery, revision ear surgeries, phonons & many more.
To Get Free Quotes & Consultation For Medical Treatments in India
For Indian/International Caller:+91-8600855554
Email Us: email@example.com
1. Bronchoscopy: Bronchoscopy is an endoscopic procedure in which bronchoscope is placed inside the airways with the help of mouth or nose. It helps surgeons to study or analyze the depth of abnormity. Any inflammation, tumors, bleeding, foreign bodies can be seen through the nose or mouth air passages with the help of this instrument. Occasionally Bronchoscopy is also done through tracheostomy. Patients are normally given anti-anxiety & anti-secretory medications prior to performing flexible Bronchoscopy. Rigid Bronchoscopy is however performed under the influence of general anesthesia.
2. Laryngoscopy: Vocal reeds/vocal cords & glottis together are responsible for producing voice. If the voice box is affected by any tumor, virus or bacterial attack causing difficulty in swallowing, pain, bleeding & voice problems, then Laryngoscopy is performed. There are three types of Laryngoscopy, indirect, direct & fibre-optic laryngoscopy. Laryngoscopy is aimed to facilitate several surgical procedures under general anesthesia like tracheal intubation or cardiopulmonary resuscitation or other procedures on larynx & other areas of upper trachea-bronchial tree. There are varieties of laryngoscopes which have specialized uses for specific purposes.
3. Septoplasty: Diverged nasal septum is corrected & straightened in the surgical procedure of Septoplasty. The septum divides nose into nostrils, & it is a cartilage, not bone. Septum should be in straight line but in some cases deviation causes narrow cavity passage which leads to problems in breathing. Often as result, inferior turbinate on opposite side enlarges. This condition is known as compensatory hypertrophy. Many times these deviations of septum lead to nasal obstruction. This surgery combined with rhinoplasty takes an hour or less but the recovery may take several weeks.
4. Tonsillectomy: This surgical procedure is performed to remove glands situated behind throat which is known as tonsils. Severe infection & inflammation lead to pain & difficulty in swallowing, therefore, surgery is normally performed in response to recurrent arracks of acute tonsillitis. Nasal airway obstruction, obstructive sleep apnea, snoring, Diphtheria carrier-state, or peritonsillar abscess are the other conditions treated with this surgery.
5. Cochlear Implant Surgery: Cochlear implant surgery in India is affordable & which is made available by IndianMedTrip. Cochlear Implant, a hearing aid or bionic ear, is devised for persons who are profoundly deaf or have a sensorineural hearing loss problem. Cochlear hearing implants can enable such patients’ sufficient hearing to understand speech & environmental sounds. With latest changes in devices, patients can now enjoy music & hear better.
6. Thyroidectomy: If a patient is suffering from a condition of enlarged thyroid, thyroid cancer, or goiter then Thyroidectomy is performed. All or part of the thyroid is removed in this surgical process. Due to thyroid conditions there can be temporary or permanent change in voice & a probability of airway obstruction can also develop due to bilateral vocal cord paralysis. However after partial thyroidectomy patients can return back to their normal routine in 2-3 weeks.
Want To get Package Details and Cost of Treatment in India?
For Indian/International Caller:+91-8600855554
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Parathyroidectomy: Parathyroid glands are present in the neck next to thyroid gland. PTH hormone regulates calcium in the body, & if these levels are elevated in form of kidney stones, osteoporosis & bone fractures then it may be an indication of hyperparathyroidism. Surgical removal of primary tumor or hyperplasia in the gland is called Parathyroidectomy. Parathyroid tumor treatment in India is offered by all the top hospitals & surgery cost is comparatively quite affordable.
8. Voice Surgeries: Advanced robotic laser technology & operating microscopes are generally used by surgeons to treat voice disorders. A disorder can be a tumor growth or problems of vocal cords. Common symptoms of voice & swallowing problems include experiencing pain, lack of control, discomfort & difficulty while speaking. Various factors giving rise to these conditions can be aging, smoking, surgery or throat cancer including medical conditions like laryngitis, vocal cord paralysis, benign growths, cancer of vocal cord & spasmodic dysphonia. Complex reconstructive surgery procedures are often planned in tandem with audiologists & speech therapists.
9. Uvulopalatoplasty: Snoring can be reduced with Uvulopalatoplasty, in which all or part of uvula is surgically removed. It is an outpatient procedure which lasts for half an hour. This surgery is done with laser which tissue by tissue removes the whole uvula. The patient has to visit 3-5 times for treatment or as per doctor’s instructions. A principal side-effect of Laser-Assisted Uvulopalatoplasty or LAUP is severe sore-throat which can last for about 7-10 days.
10. Tympanoplasty: Tympanic membrane or ossicles are reconstructed using Tympanoplasty, whereas Myringotomy refers to repair of tympanic membrane alone. A ruptured eardrum is caused due to ear infection, trauma, loud noise or accidental surgery. To correct this condition, Tympanic membrane grafting may be required. The graft is usually of vein or fascia tissue. Tympanoplasty treatment costs in India are quite affordable.
11. Parotidectomy: Parotid gland is surgically excised by the otolaryngologist if the salivary gland neoplasm is malignant or benign. This surgery is performed under general anesthesia. It may require 1-3 hours or more of operation because it includes both micro-dissection & facial nerve monitoring. Many ENT hospitals in India are known for successful & affordable Parotidectomy procedures.
12. Stapedectomy: Stapedectomy is done to improve hearing which is affected due to otosclerosis. This microsurgical procedure is performed to replace stapes with a small plastic tube. During the procedure, a small hole is created in fixed stapes footplate & a tiny prosthesis (stapedotomy) which is piston-like is inserted. Surgeons in India are very skilled in performing this surgery & the procedural cost is also quite affordable.
IndianMedTrip aspires to bring forward best & cost effective medical facilities to the rescue of international patients. We are tied up with various hospitals offering treatments on numerous other disorders & diseases of ear, nose & throat.