Experts believe that most people know painfully little about how our digestive tract operates. From those churning & burning feelings which erupt when we overdo with favorite foods to bloating & wind, solving gastroenterological symptoms can be much harder than we assume. Stomach & intestines can be underlying causes of most major inconveniences, if not health concerns.
Gastroenterology is a science stream comprising detailed study & curing of disease of digestive tract, liver & pancreaticobiliary system in both children & adults.A specialist who has expertise in treating & curing problems related to oral cavity, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine & rectum is called a gastroenterologist. Various treatments are provided on cancer, bleeding, removal of foreign body, abdominal wall hernias, gastroesophageal reflux, gall bladder diseases, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, rectal & colon cancer, enterocutaneous fistula, incontinence, rectal prolapsed & short bowel syndrome.
India is a top medical destination to keep your digestion-related diseases at bay. Gastroenterology surgeons in India are world renowned & offer precise diagnosis & treatment for problems of the gastrointestinal tract & accessory organs (liver, gall bladder & pancreas). Finest lifesaving surgeries are performed every day in hospitals of India. The cost of surgery is quite affordable & moreover, medical facilities match international standards. The cost of Gastroscopy in India is just a fraction what you pay in western countries.
To Get Free Quotes & Consultation For Medical Treatments in India
For Indian/International Caller:+91-8600855554
Email Us: email@example.com
1. Abdominal Aorta Aneurysm Bifurcation: Abnormal expansion or bulging out of abdominal aorta is called Aortic Aneurysm. Open surgery or Endovascular Repair surgery may be recommended by vascular surgeons to repair this condition. In open surgery, a graft is replaced in the weak & affected section of the abdominal aorta. In Endovascular repair surgery (minimally invasive procedure), the damaged aorta is repaired by fixing stent graft with the help of small flexi tube catheters which are inserted through groin area. Once graft is placed properly, doctors will carefully remove catheter & wires & stitch incisions. You will be asked to stay for 3-4 days at hospital & it requires about 2-3 weeks to recover.
2. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gall Bladder): Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is a minimally invasive technique used to remove diseased gall bladder. Obese patients are likely to suffer from gallbladder problems. The procedure cost of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is comparatively low-cost & affordable in India than what you will have to pay in the western world.
3. Nissen or Laparoscopic Fundoplication Surgery: Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GORD) or GERD & Hiatal hernia are treated with Nissen or Laparoscopic Fundoplication Surgery. GERD refers to a chronic mucosal injury caused by exceeding the limit of gastric juice reflux in the esophagus, whereas, a slight bulging or protruding of upper portion of stomach into thorax due to weak diaphragm is called Hiatal hernia. This surgical procedure is applicable only if medicinal therapy fails to be helpful.
4. Splenectomy: Spleen is a vital organ which purifies blood & keeps germs & infections at bay. But if spleen is damaged or diseased then immediate surgery is recommended. Traditional & laparoscopic procedures are two surgical types of Splenectomy. Laparoscopic & complete Splenectomy is performed to remove ruptured spleen and/or enlarged spleen, whereas in partial Splenectomy only the infected part is removed. The cost of this treatment in India is quite affordable & the facilities offering this procedure are world class.
5. Anal Fissures: Acute or chronic anal fissures cause pain & redness in the anus area. Tearing in the anus lining can be due to passing large/hard stools, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, chronic diarrhea or during childbirth. Symptoms include acute pain, redness of anus or bleeding after defecation. Anal fissures are very painful because of the next bowel movement. If medications fail to heal fissures then surgery is often recommended.
6. Appendectomy: A worm like organ ‘Vermiformappendix’ is surgically removed in appendectomy. It is performed when a patient suffers from appendicitis, an acute inflammatory condition of appendix. Appendicitis should be removed at the initial stage for permanent cure of pain. Open & minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure, are two surgical methods available for treating appendicitis. Recovery is, however, faster in laparoscopic variation of surgery.
7. Colonoscopy: Coloscope is an instrument used to examine & evaluate colon & large intestines. The camera on the tube with a light source provides inner imaging of colon or large intestine on the screen. It also permits an opportunity to surgeons for performing biopsy or for removing suspected colorectal cancer lesions. Polyps, ulcerative colitis, cancer, amoebiasis, diverticulosis etc., are diagnosed with Colonoscopy procedure.
8. Haemorrhoidectomy: When hemorrhoids which act as cushions during normal conditions become pathological as piles by swelling is a major cause of distress. The procedure to remove enlarged blood vessels or hemorrhoids is called Haemorrhoidectomy. Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy is preferred over traditional surgery because of lesser chances of pain & any pathogenic interference. However, after surgery, care should be taken to avoid constipation by consuming sufficient fiber in diet with oral fluids.
Want To get Package Details and Cost of Treatment in India?
For Indian/International Caller:+91-8600855554
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Colostomy: Colostomy is performed for fecal exit by creating a new opening in front of the abdomen. It happens when colon, rectum, or anus stops functioning due to any disease or severe injuries. In this procedure an incision is made & stoma appliance is placed in the anterior abdominal wall of large intestine which acts as a passing channel for feces to exit body. Most common varieties of Colostomy include Loop Colostomy, End Colostomy or Double Barrel Colostomy. Colostomy procedures when pre-planned display higher rate of long-term successes than performed in emergency situations.
10. Ileostomy: Ileostomy is the surgical procedure of reconstructing ileum or small intestine as an opening for body waste removal. Ileostomy is normally sited above groin on the right side of abdomen. However, a patient must have adequate length of small intestine for this procedure.
11. Gastroscopy: Gastroscopy is a diagnostic endoscopy procedure in which the upper region of gastrointestinal tract (duodenum) is viewed. Esophagogastroduodenoscopy or Panendoscopy are the other names of this procedure. It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure which is used to diagnose & investigate the causes of a variety of abdominal diseases.
12. Surgery for Piles: Surgery is especially reserved for patients who fail to improve with conservative management. Piles surgery is performed to fix problems like anal strictures, bleeding infections & urinary retention due to close proximity. However, most appropriate time of surgery for piles is when medicinal treatments have failed to yield positive results.
13. Inguinal Hernia Repair: Inguinal hernia is a condition when the abdomen contents like fat or small intestines swell through a weak area in the inguinal or groin region. It causes incarceration & strangulation of the small intestine. Inguinal Hernia is classified into two types; indirect inguinal hernias & direct inguinal hernias. Though it can be corrected with surgery, it depends on the area, muscle wall & expert study. Herniorrhaphy & hernioplasty are the two approaches performed as per the severity of cases.
14. Laparoscopic Hernia Repair: Laparoscopic Hernia Repair is a minimal invasive surgery performed under general anaesthesia. A small incision is made in this procedure while abdomen is inflated & laparoscope is inserted via incision. It is beneficial for treating incarcerated or strangulated hernia (inguinal hernia). A person can go home the same day but it takes about 2 – 4 weeks to recover. The cost of this surgery is higher in western countries but in India it is affordable.
15. Laser Surgery for Haemorrhoids / Piles: Laser Surgery is a great way to treat Hemorrhoids or Piles. It is a minimal invasive technique which uses laser beams to burn hemorrhoidal tissue. The result is less discomfort, less medication, & faster healing. Doctors may suggest you make some lifestyle changes as well with this treatment. This treatment is quite low-cost & affordable in India.
16. Sports Hernia (Athletic Pubalgia) Surgery: The target area is groin, where the soft tissue is injured or torn, resulting in tremendous pain. It affects sport persons when there are sudden changes of direction or intense twisting movements during sporting activity. Traditional surgery & endoscopic procedure are the two methods to treat sports hernia conditions. Most athletes can return back to sports after 6 to 12 weeks of surgery. In some cases, adductor tenotomy may also be required to ease out pain of inner thigh, because a tendon which is attached to inner thigh muscles & pubis may also be cut.
17. Umbilical Hernia Repair: An umbilical hernia is a condition in which the lining or part of abdomen pushes or bulges through abdominal wall around the belly button. It is very common for adults & children as well. Open or traditional surgery & laparoscopic procedures are the two ways to repair Umbilical Hernia. Umbilical Hernia Repair surgery is low priced & quite affordable in India with IndianMedTrip.